In Part 1 of a 2 part episode, I catch up with Laura a year after our first podcast. What has changed? What is the same?
- Are volunteers returning?
- Change means an uptick in needs
- Paid staff are scarce
- Pre-pandemic models vs. post pandemic models
- Where does the program go moving forward?
- Navigating a shifting landscape
- Getting volunteer buy-in upfront
- Making volunteer roles definable
- What is sustainable-can we do everything?
- Changing roles to fit today’s reality
- Championing a new normal
- Risk management and ethics
- Communication to prevent the volunteer churn
Listen on Buzzsprout here
Listen on Spotify
Listen on iHeart Radio
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Stitcher
Listen on Google Podcasts
Laura Rundell has been in the field of Volunteer Engagement for over 20 years, working at organizations of varied sizes and missions. She has worked at Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh, PA; LifeBridge Community Services in Bridgeport, CT, and currently works for the Friends Program in Concord, NH. She received her CVA in 2013, has led workshops on performance reviews for volunteers, and written guest blogs for 20 Hats and Volunteerplaintalk.
She received her BA in political science from Earlham College and her MA in History from Northeastern University. You can find Laura at Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laura-rundell-960a13b6/
Thank you Laura for sharing your wisdom, tips for managing change and experiences with us!